Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Mind's Eye Sketch Challenge - "Remember 18"



Hello there! 

Just dropping by the blog today to post my entry for the August MME sketch challenge!  I was inspired to pull out some paint and the My Mind's Eye "Cut and Paste: Flair" to complete this layout about my girl, Devon, turning 18.

Here's the sketch that the DT gave to work with:


Ronda Palazzari MME august 2014 Sketch

I started out with a piece of black cardstock and painted an anchoring rectangle with gesso.  Then mixed a few coordinating colors of paint with gesso and water to create the paint drips and drops that I scattered over the page.


I let the background dry and then built my layout on top.  I used a combination of die cut words, tags titles strips from the collection, and letter stickers to create the title.  Lastly, I added the arrows, button embellishments, and enamel dots in groups around the page.

Here are some close-ups!


I love the enamel shapes from this collection - they make adding little pops of color so easy!



Thanks for stopping by!  Let me know what you think in the comments!  Have you ever created a background paper like this?  I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments- I love them!